Monday, February 20, 2012

Whitney's Funeral Mass, Video Highlights





Whitney Houston's Funeral was
televised Saturday.

I wasn't going to watch it. Why depress myself watching a Funeral?, I said.
But, it was on the local access channel out here (I don't have cable), so I avoided all the CNN stupid commentary, and just saw a straight feed from the NBC Station in New York.  It started at 11 am.

I was going to watch just a few minutes, but I was really impressed by the great singers and speakers and the Beautiful Homecoming Whitney was given at the  Church where she started singing.  The ceremony lasted around 4 hours, I watched about 3 hours, missed the opening and the end.  I had to leave right towards the end when the Rev. was giving the final eulogy.  I really wanted to hear that, but I had an appointment.

Here is the list of singers and speakers.  I was most impressed by Kevin Kostner and Alicia Keyes, as well as the singers CeCe Winans and R. Kelly.



You must go to THIS LINK, The Mail Online, UK has a fantastic story with all the highlights, and many, many photos.  The flowers are gorgeous, and the casket was beautiful.  It was hard to see such details on the TV, but you can see everything here, with the Mail's stellar photos.

There are video's on Youtube of selections of the ceremony.  Here is the elequoent preacher, Bishop T.D. Jakes.  Very heartfelt and true.  I can truly relate to his words here, having lost many loved ones.



I suppose that is why I feel compelled to watch funerals.  The most important ones to me, I was too young to understand or appreciate what was going on.  Recently, I should have been invited to one.  I should have been the guest of honor in the front row.....but
I wasn't even told the person died!  All I can say is thank goodness for the internet, or I'd still be totally in the dark....as the evil ones were counting on.  I can't talk about the circumstances, you simply would not believe it, anyway, I still don't, and it happened to ME. The story would sound like a Lifetime movie of the week, or a fractured fairy tale, complete with evil stepmother. Anyway, this is why I like to watch beautiful funerals, I don't feel so excluded then, and I can grieve properly, as I should have been allowed to do. It's simply criminal, what happened.  Oh well, no more drama.
It's all over now, and nothing can be done.  They will answer to God at the proper time, and it won't be pretty.  In fact, I'll bet there's a special room in hell for the lot of them!



I'm glad someone put Rev. Marvin Winans Eulogy up, in case you missed it, like I did, here it is.  There are two other parts I'll link below.




Here is PART TWO, Lot's of great Scripture and Preaching, well worth watching.
and then here is PART THREE, equally moving and entertaining.
I love Baptist Preachers, they know the WORD of GOD, and Preach it!

Dionne Warwick's Poem says it all.  The words ring true for all the loved ones
     we have lost.  May they Rest in Peace in God's hands forever, and we'll be
reunited again with them some day.

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard Him call;
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I found that place at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seems all to brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

      Whitney is at Peace with the Lord now



Let's remember her as she was.... young, beautiful voice, and problem free.


No comments:

Use it while you have it!


Byeeeeeeeeee!

Can't state any Facts Nowdays!

Can't state any Facts Nowdays!

Worth Checking Out!


Kitteh Luvs Bunni

Kitteh Luvs Bunni

Amusing Bunni's Musings

Defending America against lamestream nuts

Defending America against lamestream nuts
Click My Pal for Breitbart's Site!

Oh Yeah!

Oh Yeah!
If You don't like it, LEAVE. I don't care if you read this blog or not. If you're a troll, don't bother to comment, you'll get blocked & deleted anyway!

Jedi Kittehs!


pets

Copyright

Copyright

Silly Squirrel

Silly Squirrel

Too Cute for Words

Powered By Blogger