Drag me to Hell was over-rated, but it was OK. Sam Raime is a good director and knows how to deliver in the horror genre, but this was kind of predictible and too gross for the sake of being gross. It did have great special effects, though.
Since the weather here lately has been so cold, rainy, crappy, windy, take your pick, I went and saw some more movies in the last week. I saw The Hangover, Drag Me to Hell, and Night at the Museum.
Just like everyone and all the reviews are saying, and I agree this time, "The Hangover" is full out hilarious. You will really enjoy it, and laugh your ass off! I sure did, along with everyone else around me in the whole place.
Night at the Museum was fun for kids, and had it's good spots, but nothing overly exciting.
Hank A, who played the King Tut like guy, was very funny.
The Hangover was the Best movie I've seen so far this summer, not including T-4, which is really a different genre. When you see it, you have to stay through the very, very end, some of the last shots will make you fall off your chair!
I know we can all sympathize with our hero's. Who hasn't had a bad hangover sometime in their lives? I've had my share, to be sure. Some of mine were real doozies, I wouldn't even get out of bed...how the guys managed to roam around Vegas on their adventure in the midst of theirs, well they must have a better constitution than I do! When I went to Vegas several years ago, I had a bad one too, but I didn't get into the situations they did. I just stayed in my room during the day and slept, and my pal got me some food, and she went out that night, and I stayed in and watched movies. The next day I was fine and won LOTS of money at the blackjack tables.
In case YOU get a super horrible hangover, I will post some cures below. I found this edited list on the great site About.com in the Cocktails section.
1) Sleep. Rest is your best friend at this point to give your body time to recover. It is best to stay in bed, in the dark. So call in to work if you have to, tell them you have the stomach flu. You will sound so horrible on the phone they will believe you (unless they saw you at the bar, not a good idea then). If you get a hard time from your slave-driving boss, Just go into work and puke on someone, they will let you go home then!
2) Replenish your body with fruit juice and water. I personally like 7-Up.
3) Avoid caffeine. A weak cup of coffee may be okay, but a lot of caffeine will continue to dehydrate you, the opposite of what you want right now. It will also upset your tummy big time.
4) Drink a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade.
5) Take a long shower, switching between cold and hot water.
6) Try Alka Seltzer Morning Relief. One reader says that it's all that he and his wife have found that really works for them. He stumbled across this "cure" while his wife was still suffering after two days, within 15 minutes after taking the Alka Seltzer she was fine.
Bunni will have to try this next time....when I get bad hangovers once or twice a year, they usually last 2 or 3 days!
7) Get some exercise. Another reader suggests doing some sort of physical activity. He writes, "In the rare case of having hangover I usually drink about 1-2 liters of water and go outside to do some exercise like mountain climbing, swimming, cycling or just about anything that keeps me sweating." It takes willpower to move like that when standing seems like a challenge, but it is a good theory. I like to walk around and putter a bit in my garden, if I can get out of bed.
8) CAUTION: The side effects of aspirin, Tylenol and ibuprofen can be magnified when alcohol is in your system, so it is best (even though it may be the first thing you reach for) to avoid them to kill the hangover pain. Asprin is a blood thinner, just like alcohol, and can intensify its effects and Tylenol (or acetaminophen) can cause more damage to your liver. Ibuprofen can also cause stomach bleeding. So be cautious when going for the quick relief. I have found this to be true.
My stomach won't allow me to take any medication, for at least one day.
So take it easy out there, people and try to avoid Hangovers...but not the fun movie!
Here is the Official Trailer Try not to break a rib laughing! What is the worst hangover you've ever had? And, then did you say "I'll never drink again"? How long after that did you drink again....lol Take Care, Bunni